UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im wondering can i take to court

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm wondering can i take to court my husband for mental abuse.
Which I have to take everyday for last 8 years not only that but he as well used me for his pleasures. Because I loved him I let him do that but now I'm going to divorce him What lawyer should I seek?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about this.

You may divorce him on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour but I am afraid I do not see you being successful in a court claim for mental abuse as the law gives you the freedom to be away from him and you chose to be with him.

You may get in touch with the police and lodge a harassment complaint against him. Harassment is a criminal offence.

I would suggest that you get in touch with a divorce lawyer and get the process of divorcing him underway. You need to be away from him so that you can start rebuilding your life.

Hope this helps