12826847

I currently own timeshare and am considering selling to and

Customer Question

I currently own timeshare and am considering selling to and buying fractional ownership from a company called 'Seasons'. Everything appears to be very sound and I have a copy of a contract which I have been given a 14 day cooling off period. Unfortunately that cooling off period ends on Tuesday. I have shown it to my own solicitor and she read the contract and suggested I asked several questions to 'Seasons' which I have. All the answers seem very sound too. The solicitor pointed me in the direct of several websites, which I have poured over for a few days now and all the questions raised again seemed to be answered to my satisfaction by 'Seasons' but I have that niggling 1% doubt. My question is: Have you heard about the company 'Seasons Holidays' in either a good or bad way? Regards, D

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Have you been asked to pay money and also are they UK based?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, they have contracted with me to buy from me all the timeshare weeks and points that I currently own with RCI/Crown Resorts. They have asked me to send them all the deeds associated with the original puchases and I have in writing from them that after the sale is complete I will never hear from RCI/Crown Resorts again, as everything will be owned by 'Seasons Holidays'. That they as the purchasers will pay all the maintenance from the day I complete with them on the sale.

They will then allow me the value (as they see it) of these timeshare/s to be used in part exchange against entering into a Fractional Ownership contract with them for a period of 16 years. I would then pay the deposit next week and the balance in August. This would then allow me to get completely out of the maintenance in perpetuity with RCI/CR that I currently have (and that i am desperate to get out of before I get much older). They are based in the UK, have been for many years and were previously in the holiday caravan market (many years ago)

How much are they asking for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The total price for the 16 years Fractional Ownership is £27950 and they have agreed £5000 in terms of part exchange for the RCI/Crown Resorts point and weeks ownership, leaving a balance of £22950.

Have you paid anything yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

I just need about 10 mins to type out an answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to have dinner in about 10 minutes, even if you have answered will you still be available to still be in touch with me later?

I haven't heard anything adversve about this company but you may want to have a look here

http://www.timeshare.org.uk/fractional.html

at the issue of fractional ownership.

As a general rule its not really a good option if your goal is to escape a timeshare agreement. You tend to end up exchanging one investment for another and the sales do not materialise then you are worse off.

On the positive side, at least this company are UK based and so you can enforce your rights realistically against them.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/