12826847

my daughter has had an iuc today at local police station,alleged

Customer Question

my daughter has had an iuc today at local police station,alleged offence assault by beating and has been bailed to appear at police station on 14/04/2014.she was intoxicated and doesnt remember the incident.shes 18 years old and when asked if she wanted a solicitor said no.i believe she needs help as works in a childrens nursery

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does she need a solicitors advice now before she appears at police station on 14/04/2014

Its always a good idea to have a solicitor at every stage of an investigation.

However, she cannot hide from the fact that the damage is likely to be done now. The time when you really need a solicitor is at the time of first interview. It is then that the evidence is gathered against you.

At the bail back they may do a further interview in which case a solicitor would be useful but there is nothing that can be done now to exclude anything she said that was contrary to her interests.

You were absolutely right on this point.

In fact though, no harm may have been done. If she has not said anything adverse to her interests then there has been no particular damage caused by the absence of a solicitor.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.