12826847

Hello,I got divorce through quicky divorce in 2011, we agreed

Customer Question

Hello,I got divorce through quicky divorce in 2011, we agreed that my husband would keep the flat that we owned together, he is still living there. I have just found out that he has not changed the name on the deeds and the flat is still under my name with £3000 worth of payments in arrears. I gave him the money to pay it off on the condition that he will change the deeds under his name. Now 3 months later I am still chasing him up and to me it looks that he probably cannot get a mortgage by himself and is trying to drag this on as long as he can. What would you advise me to do?
When was the Decree Absolute and dos you have a Financial Order sealed by the court setting out the agreement that you had reached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your response. Decree absolute was issued on 2nd of November 2011. Financial agreement was part of the overall agreement that we had to both sign. There was no separate financial order as far as I am aware.

Teresa

When you say it was part of the "Overall agreement" - what are you actually referring to (it does not come on the petition)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

there was a section where in one section we had agreed that the flat will remain with Gary and another where we have agreed that our car will remain with me, as far as I remember.