UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am waiting for the tax office to inform me whether there

Customer Question

I am waiting for the tax office to inform me whether there are any outstanding tax monies either owed to the tax office or owed to the the family of a deceased person by the tax office, I do not seem to be getting anywhere. Can I complain to the Ombudsman as executor of the will wish to complete my duties.

Rodney Kaye
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Rodney,

Yes, you may complain to the Adjudicator and then the Parliamentary Ombudsman is HMRC does not resolve your query to your satisfaction, but you need to first go through HMRC's complaints procedure before you are able to take the complaint to the Adjudicator and the Ombudsman.

The complaint process is set out here: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/complaints-appeals/how-to-complain/make-complaint.htm

Hope this helps