Would you think it would be reasonable to ask how they are coming up with the figures as they are incorrect he is saying I owe him more? I would assume it will come down to who has proof of payments made? and what if I cant get the information from the bank as its been over 6 years?
If i did agree to a charge which I wouldnt mind if it was the correct amount. Can he make demands such as I have 12 months to sell and then charge interest?
I was going to ask the solicitor to send a list of the payments he has made and recieved from myself as really we cant move forward until that is agreed. What do you think?
If it does go to court then I will have to get a solicitor. So I could agree to a charge on the house if it was on my terms ie has to wait until its sold?
If its over £10,000 in dispute you could do with a Solicitor.
If he agrees to a charge pending sale, you need a Solicitor to draw up a contract for this - dont just take his word for it
Does that help?
ok thank you