12826847

On the 30th March 2009 I was convicted of fraud, in that I

Customer Question

On the 30th March 2009 I was convicted of fraud, in that I deprived my employer of potentially £400 profit on a vehicle I purchased without permission.

The sentence was a fine of £233 plus £505 compensation, a surcharge of £15 with £60 costs.

When will this offence be considered spent?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Was this your first offence please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The first as an adult. I was convicted of driving offences as a minor over 40 years ago.

At the time of your conviction, it would have been spent after 5 years which is this March.

Had you been convicted last year, this offence would have been spent within one year as the spending periods for fines has changed from five years to one year.

In any event, it is spent now and will not show on basic DBS checking.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Jo.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/