12826847

AS A CONSEQUENCE OF COMPLAINING ABOUT BARKING DOGS MY NEIGHBOUR

AS A CONSEQUENCE OF COMPLAINING ABOUT BARKING DOGS MY NEIGHBOUR THREW 3 X COOKED POTATOE " PATTIES " INTO MY GARDEN IN AN ATTEMPT TO POISON OUR 2 DOGS, I HAVE GOT THE POLICE INVOLVED, I HAVE RETAINED THE SUSPECT ITEMS, THE RSPCA SUGGEST I TAKE ONE TO MY VETS FOR ANALYSIS, ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD DO ? WHAT LAW IS HE BREAKING AND WHAT COULD HE BE CHARGED WITH ?
MANY THANKS

MICHAEL RYAN.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Have the police taken any action please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO , THEY ARE CALLING IN THE MORNING.

Did he actually poison the dogs?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO, MY WIFE PICKED THE ITEMS UP BEFORE THE DOGS CAME INTO THE GARDEN.

Thankfully the dogs were not poisoned so the only offences that could apply are attempted ones.

However much our dogs mean to us, they are property like any other. The police could charge him with attempted criminal damage although probably they would not.

Generally speaking the police leave things like this to the RSPCA and there is an offence of poisoning under the Animal Welfare Act 2006. Obviously this is an attempt but they could rely on that.

Also, thankfully they were not poisoned so there is no civil loss but had there been you would have had a claim against him for the cost of vets bills.