UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

as my stepdaughter any right to interfer in the care and health

Customer Question

as my stepdaughter any right to interfer in the care and health of my wife her mother
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

AS I SAID MY STEPDAUGHTER IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WAY I TAKE CARE OF MY WIFE , SHE WANTS TO KNOW WHEN MY WIFE HAS DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS I SHOULD NOT GIVE HER PILLS WITH YOGHURT WANTS TO KNOW WHEN WE GO OUT EVERY THING JUST INTERFER

Unless your wife has mental capacity and has specifically asked that her daughter not interfere in her life, I am afraid her daughter may continue to worry about the welfare of her mother.

You should try and share care responsbility of your wife with her daughter so that there is less friction with her and less stress for you. You may obviously get doctors to provide guidance to both of you on how to care for your wife and attend to her health.

Hope this helps and hope you manage to sort out any differences with your step daughter as any issues may affect your wife negatively.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MY WIFE HAS DEMENTIA I HAVE A PEMANANT CARER 24/7 DOCTORS HAVE AGREED TO THIS AGREED THAT I TAKE GOOD CARE OF MY WIFE , MY WIFE HAS SAID NOT TO TELL HER DAUGHTER EVERYTHING UNLESS IT IS SERIOUS WHEN SHE COMES ROUND WE DO NOTHING BUT ARGUE AND ITS NOT HEALTHY FOR MY WIFE SHE LITERALLY WANTS TO KNOW THE IN AND OUT OF MY WIFE

Sorry to hear about this.

Perhaps you should limit the time your step daughter can come around as she does not have the right to come in and go out of your home as she pleases.

If you limit/deny her access to your home, she may hopefully realise that she is causing more trouble than being a help.

She does not have a right to enter your property without your consent.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP . YOU BEEN VERY HELPFUL , HOPE TO USE YOU AGAIN BUT IN ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES ONCE AGAIN REGARDS REG

You are welcome Reg.

Hope it all works out in the end.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

why is my stepdaughter become next of kin to my wife in hospital while i was in another hospital surely i have the right to be the next of kin as i cant find any information relating to my wife illness as i am not classed the next of kin what right has she got

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please continue your search much appreciated

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long were you in hospital and where is your wife now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare , I was in hospital for 3 days and my wife is still in hospital

Have you visited the hospital where she is, and how long has she been there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes visited my wife every day since I came out of hospital my wife has been in hospital for week and I'm not sure when she be out

HI
Have the doctors refused to discuss her care with you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes but got that sorted .

Have I the right to limit the information on the health care of my wife to my stepdaughter as long as I tell her if my wife is ill need to see doctor or hospital . Do I have to phone her if we go out , have I the right to tell her to phone if she is on way I.e come to visit .

Can I report my stepdaughter to police that she has taken a back door key and she was court reading my mail can I take her to court for theft and entering my home without our permission

You can certainly insist that she phones before she calls and you can indeed limit the information that any health care professional gives her
The police are unlikely to be interested in the other matters - but you can change thelocks