tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

how do i get out of my timeshare i am disabled and donot use

Customer Question

how do i get out of my timeshare i am disabled and donot use it and it cost me £600 a year please

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

When did you buy?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thanks for your question. My name is Tony.

tdlawyer :

How long have you had the timeshare for please?

tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience: 11 years experience of general practice.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 12 yeas ago

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for rating the answer but I'm not sure you meant to?

Do you want to continue an exchange with me about this? If so, can you tell me how long you've had the timeshare for please?

Tony

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

12 years

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

12 years, okay, thank you.

You're not going to have any statutory cancellation rights now, it's far too long for that.

Have you attempted to resell via the timeshare company?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was a good thing to do at the time

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes for 3 years

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, I just replied to your question, but the system doesn't appear to have posted my answer!

Okay, basically, you have a few options:

1. Attempt to re-sell through the timeshare compnay or privately;

2. Check whether the agreement and information provided to you complies with the Timeshare Act 1992 (see here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1992/35/contents) (See Schedule 1). If they have not given you all the information required, it might not be enforceable against you.

3. If it is enforceable as they've given you all the information required, then you should consider whether the timeshare company is in breach of the agreement with you, as if they are (and it is a serious breacxyou were missold it to start with. If they had, they you might be able to claim that the agreement is over and that you don't have to continue to pay.

I would suggest that you take your documents to a solicitor to check agains the 1992 Act as if you can find a legal argument here, this would potentially get you out of having to pay anything else.

Tony