12826847

I am have been with charged with three counts of assault by

I am have been with charged with three counts of assault by beating, next week is the magistrate court hearing. what will happen in the first hearing
without seeing evidence i don't whether i should enter a plea of guilty or not guilty?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Do you have any previous convictions please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No pervious conviction
You should be handed your advance information at court either when you sign in or by the prosecutor

you will not have to entier a plea without that.

Then you consider that information and then you enter pleas when you are called on. Then its adjourned off for either trial or sentence.

Is there anything else you wanted to know about this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know you can't predict the sentence outcome.
Given that I have no pervious conviction what would be most Likely sentences
Whats the allegation against you?

Remind me, isn't she refusing to give evidence now anyway?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am have been with charged with three counts of assault by beating, next week is the magistrate court
Yes, but whats the allegation?

What are you said to have done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Pushing her away from me and holding her hand
On all three occasions?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes.
That should really lead to a conditional discharge or a fine. This is the most minor form of a common assault.

The only reason it may not is that this is a domestic squabble so the witchfinder general will be out to see issues where none exist. For that reason there is an outside chance of a community order even though that is grossly excessive on the sentencing guidelines.

For what its worth, my own personal view is that we should not be wasting the scarce resources of the criminal courts on these relationship squabbles.