13262538

Sadly my mother passed away yesterday after a long battle with

Sadly my mother passed away yesterday after a long battle with Alzheimer's, she was a widow. My brother and I had an financial LPA to look after her house ect and we are the sole beneficiaries as laid out in her will. We will register her death later today. My question is once we inform the bank of her death I would imagine that they will then suspend her account. What steps do we need to take to release the bank account and to be able to sell her house which is her only other asset. All of her bills are up to date and there is no other credit or loans out standing.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am sorry for your loss
Did your mother leave a Will?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes naming my brother and I

You are correct her bank account will indeed be frozen - but the Bank will pay the Funeral Bill on your behalf if you give it to them
In Order to deal with the Estate you will need to obtain Probate of the Will
If all is straightforward there is no reason why you and your brother should not deal with this in person.
You should find the details of your local Probate Office who will send you the necessary forms and arrange a personal appointment
http://www.probateforms.info/probate-sub-registries/
Please ask if you need further details