UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi there, I have recently paid £490 up front for a website

Hi there, I have recently paid £490 up front for a website to be created with a design company.

They initially advised the website would take seven days to be created. However, its been over 2 months now and we still are yet to see any progress.

We have our suspicions that the agency is fake, there is no record of the company, on companies house, their address is a mail forward, and the telephone number does not exist. Their website is still online, and they have however, remained in contact with us through the internet with excuses and new dates on when we will see anything.

We paid by BACS, how do I go about getting our money back?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I am afraid as you paid by BACS, you can only get your money back if the company sends it back to you.

Had you paid by credit or debit card, you would have been enetitled to get your bank to help you getting the money back.

Paying by BACS is like paying cash.

You may report the company for fraud here:
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

The police may or may not choose to investigate the matter.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, Thanks for your reply.

Am I not able to make a claim for payment? sadly BACS or CASH was the only payment options stipulated by the developer.