Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I bought a Post Office and shop 2 years ago from a man.

Customer Question

I bought a Post Office and shop 2 years ago from a man. Since I have been running the business it is now clear the purchase price was inflated due to illegal practices carried out by the vendor. He only paid 25% of the VAT I pay when his turnover was higher. He bought out of date beer and forced staff to remove the dates with nail varnish remover. He said in the contract the accounts were audited. They were not. There are many other issues which I can prove. What sort of lawyer can I use to prosecute the vendor as I believe I paid over £90k too much. Please advise. Thank you John XXXXXX

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

From what you say you have a written representation that the accounts that were presented to you were audited please. Is that correct?