UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

have a loan secured on mortgage which ex husband pays. he hasnt

Customer Question

have a loan secured on mortgage which ex husband pays. he hasn't paid in 2 months. now received debt collectors letter. don't know where ex is, he does not respond to emails, which is only contact I have. think he's in europe somewhere. house in both our names, but primary, the unpaid debt has been addressed to me only. please...what are my options, as I'll never be able to pay this, as well as the mortgage.
Sharifa
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Is your name on the loan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and as at the time I earned a better more stable salary, i am noted as the primary
SharifaI am afraid it is bad news then. The lender can come after either you or your husband or the both of you for repayment of the loan in that case.You may try and see if the lender is willing to defer repayments or agree to more manageable repayments for you but if they do not, then I am afraid there is not much else you can do other than try and repay the money or face further action.Sorry but I can only advise you truthfully.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your resonse and assistance. I guess this is a lose lose situation for me either way.

I am sorry I could not give you better news.

Please take a second to leave a rating.