Hello, I received a parking ticket for parking in a bay where

Customer Question

I received a parking ticket for parking in a bay where the meter was not functioning. I tried with many coins, they all fell straight through the meter.
My appeal was rejected on the basis that no other member of the public complained to the council.
The meter in question was defective again two weeks later and this time a warden witnessed myself and another "Parker" struggling with the same issue. The warden expressed that the machine was known to be unreliable.
Feeling indignant I have refused to pay and have now received a bailiffs letter, how do I stand please?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Who is the issuer please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Jo,

Shropshire Parking Services issued the penalty notice.

Bristow & Sutor are the Civil Enforcement Agents

thank you.

Are you asking if they can enforce this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I suppose I am.

I'm afraid that I cannot give you any good news.

If this is a fine issued by Shropshire Borough Council then it is a proper parking fine and if the adjudicator has found against you on the point, either following a live hearing or consideration of the papers, then this can be enforced and they can use bailiffs if necessary.

I note that this has already been passed to bailiffs which will rack up the cost of this fine unfortunately.

If all you have received is a bailiffs letter then this can still be settled quite cheaply but if you do not pay the full amount then in the end bailiffs will attend and unfortunately they will claim their fees from you.

I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Thanks for that.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile