12826847

Hi Im a director of a cic and my partner who is the md and

Customer Question

Hi I'm a director of a cic and my partner who is the md and chair of the company is going to make an investment in to the company and I am not. I work on low wages as part of my commitment, he has recently issued me a contract to sign. The contract has a confidentiality agreement, garden leave and a non compete clause which doesn't enable me to work for a competitor for 1 year after leaving. He has also asked me to keep flexible hours but hasn't stated what these hours are. He has asked me to be open and transparent about business outside of our work together is this correct? In the confidentiality agreement it states that no information to the personal directors can be published without the agreement of the other directors. The document is difficult and I don't know what to do
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

Are you a shareholder in the CIC?

Does the restriction say you cannot work full stop or does it say you cannot solicit the CICs clients and business?

AJ