75100385

Hello. My name isXXXXX from Dublin in Ireland. My

Hello. My name isXXXXX from Dublin in Ireland. My wife received an e-mail from a company called Baseline Finance & Management in Brussels. They are saying she has won a substantial amount of money in a lottery and they wanted her to travel to collect it. She cannot travel as she is pregnant so they sent it to kantoor Peeters & Partners (Brussels) to look after it. I am a bit skeptical as they are looking for €650.00 to start the process. I was wondering if I forwarded the emails I received from all the parties to yourselves would you be interested in looking at it for me? You would then be the solicitors of choice for me if this is legitimate. Thank you.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : It's a scam.
Alex Watts : If you never entered then you can't have won.
Alex Watts : The email address will be web based such as gmail or hotmail etc i am guessing?
Alex Watts : This is called advance fee fraud.
Alex Watts : You have not won.
Alex Watts : It will start with this small fee, then gradually the amounts get higher and they ask for more thins such as tax clearance, bank fee efc.
JACUSTOMER-at0sb85q- :

This law firm is claiming I can choose any law firm in Brussels to look after this.

JACUSTOMER-at0sb85q- :

I assumed as much but just wanted to clear ir up.

Alex Watts : They are scam artists.
Alex Watts : please see
Alex Watts : http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud-az-advance-fee-fraud
Alex Watts : And http://www.419eater.com/html/419faq.htm
Alex Watts : If you didn't eneter then you can't have won.
Alex Watts : I assume you know whether you bought a loterry ticket.
Alex Watts : Even if it was genuine they would not ask for an up front payment.
JACUSTOMER-at0sb85q- :

No we didn't buy anything.

Alex Watts : Delete all the emails and do not respond.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-at0sb85q- :

I emailed back saying that and that's when they said I could choose any law firm.

Alex Watts : Its a scam........
JACUSTOMER-at0sb85q- :

Thanks for your help Alex.

Alex Watts : Happy to help - please remember to leave feedback before you go today.
JACUSTOMER-at0sb85q- :

Will do