12826847

My Daughters ex Partner was jailed on more than one occasion

Customer Question

My Daughters ex Partner was jailed on more than one occasion for causing her Bodily Harm.She then went to the Family Court and because he used all the tricks in the book to delay things and hike up her Legal Aid Costs the Judge ordered that he pay all her Costs. She has now been told her Legal Aid Costs are now in excess of £40,000.00 and that she has to pay that back.

What can she do! She has been the innocent Party in all this but it looks like she is going to be the loser.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi!

Can they put a charge on her House. She has two Daughters one of 22 and one of 12. She is 47 and has always worked since leaving College. I am 81 and my Wife 71 and it is causing almighty upset through my whole household. All the Courts ie, Criminal, Family have found in her favour, but this man has bucked the system at every turn.

Her House has a Mortgage on it. Surely they will not come after her for ALL the Legal Aid Costs after a Judge ruled he was to pay them

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No thanks! Please cancel the question.

William

When was the Costs Order made and what is her ex's financial position?