12826847

I believe a firm has been deliberately avoiding my emails and

Customer Question

I believe a firm has been deliberately avoiding my emails and complaints, what are my rights?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a situation where a firm has lied about their previous position. I have demanded them to clarify their position immediately, as I have replied with a rebuttal on Friday, then I have sent a chaser email yesterday, but all has been ignored.

What was the lie?

Whats the nature of the dispute please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The nature of the dispute is that the salesman promised to improve the product suitable to my needs prior to my engagement with the service. However, the salesman has disappeared for 10 days and reappeared when I have lodged a complaint, he has also lied about the position he had established when he sold me the product.

The lie was him changing absolutely everything that was said in the call. I disputed his position in the new email on Friday, however, even up until now, there was no response even after the chaser email on Tuesday demanding the firm to correct the position.

Ok.

Are you asking if that is unlawful per se?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, and I want to ask for my rights to chase them for a reply.

I'm afraid that I can only give you bad news.

The fact that they are ignoring you is not against the law. You have no right to a response in law at all.

You can, of course, seek a remedy to your substantive dispute-the breach of contract. For that reason it is obviously in their interests to discuss this with you to try to resolve it before it goes to court but if they choose not to do so then they are free to make that decision.

The only consequence may be that if you sue them then they would be punished with costs for failing to negotiate with you.

I am very sorry but I can only give you truthful information.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Such a product is regulated by the financial authorities in the UK

Yes, so what is your question about that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does that change it cause they have to treat customers fairly in regulatory terms

I wouldn't know about that.

I will opt out for others.