UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I was having my car epaired and the local garage lent me a

I was having my car epaired and the local garage lent me a car. I was parked a t the gym but didn't put the hand brake on properly and the car rolled back into another parked car. I have reported the incident to my insurance company ( am fully comp) but they say i must claim off the garages insurance. As it's not their fault I don't think I should claim off them.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Insurance companies typically try and get out of paying up if they can.

If your fully comprehensive cover applied to you driving other cars such as the garages, then your insurance should be paying out as it was your fault.

However, all you have to do is notify them of the incident and the other car owner will need to follow up through their insurer. Their insurer will make a claim against yours.

Hope this helps