12826847

Hi I was arrested on suspicion of drink driving I am on bail

Hi I was arrested on suspicion of drink driving I am on bail but I was not driving the vehicle and was not caught driving the car but the police say they have a witness who saw me driving can I still be charged for drink driving

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know if the police are able to charge me with this

Yes, they could do that.

if the witness is saying that he saw you driving then I'm afraid they could well charge you with drink driving.

Whether you will be convicted or not is another matter coming down to whther the witnesse is realibale and credibable etc.

Howver, if they have some evidence covering the driving then they could charge you.

I'm afraid sorry but I have to give you truthful information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok if I am charged would it be for drink driving or a lighter charge?

It depends if they have evidence of you actually driving.

If so, then it should be drink driving.

If they cannot prove the driving then they might drop down on drunk in charge of a car although whether they have evidence of tat is another matter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thankyou very much

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/