12826847

my daughters boyfriend is alleged to have assaulted her friend.

Customer Question

my daughters boyfriend is alleged to have assaulted her friend. my daughter who was present was not assaulted and is unwilling to give a statement and she does not agree with the alleged victims version of events. can he be prosecuted if there are no other witnesses

Jo C. :

Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this. Has he been charged formally?

JACUSTOMER-aieap268- :

No, they have imposed bail conditions that he cannot return to their home but my daughter was not assaulted.

JACUSTOMER-aieap268- :

he was angry and stormed towards them, the friend stepped in and attacked him assuming my daughter was at risk. she was adamant she was safe. He retaliated by pushing her to the floor. the police regarding it DA. what can the police do if my daughter does not give a statement?

JACUSTOMER-aieap268- :

I haven't had an answer jus ta question

Jo C. : Is there any reason you thi
JACUSTOMER-aieap268- :

you asked had he been formally charged and I have given a reply but I haven't heard anything further

JACUSTOMER-aieap268- :

can you let me know how long it takes for a reply please

I have converted this to Q and A as I couldn't see your responses! Site glitch.

Is there any reason you think this couldn't be prosecuted? I suppose the friend is still willing?
Can you respond?

Can you respond?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the friend has made a statement. my daughter will not. there are no other witnesses and the only injury was a small graze on her elbow. I just wondered can he be prosecuted on her statement alone.

Oh yes, unfortunately he can.

CPS bring prosecutions all the time on the basis of the evidence of one person and sometimes people are convicted.

usually its not just their evidence. Its their evidence combined with an injury etc.

Unfortunately the days have corroboration before a prosecution have long gone.

Can i clarify anything for you?