13262538

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX daughter has stopped me seeing my

Customer Question

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX daughter has stopped me seeing my grand daughters and is saying she is within her right to offer an hour a month in a access centre, can she do this .
How old are the children and what contact have you had in the past?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

My daughter Zena has 3 children ,Paige 18 who lives with me now, Amy 12 and Sophie 4.

Paige and Amy, I had full access to on a very regular basis from birth. Over the last five years Zena has made things extremely difficult for me to see them, since the age of 17 Paige has lived with myself and her grandfather as her mother (zena) kicked her out. The reason for her mother kicking her out was because Paige refused to stop seeing us (the grandparents)

I hope this is satisfactory.

Shirley

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My contact with Sophie has been hit and miss, I think I have seen her approx. between 10 and 20 times since she was born, she is always pleased to see us when we do have her and she recognises us as her grandparents.

What contact with Amy is she offering?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

one hour per month in an access centre, this is also with sophie.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I am still waiting for an answer please can you help me.

My apologies for the delay
When did you last see the middle child and what contact does the elder child have with her siblings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

the last time I saw amy was 1st April 2013. Her Granddad(gary) was the only one who could see her and take her out sometimes with shopie,they

always text each other on a regular bases, she would always say she loves me and misses me and I would say the same back. amy also text granddad (Gary) that she wants to see him face to face and talk to him as her heart is breaking inside because she cant see her family,then that stopped he was told my Zena not to text her anymore as it is hurting Amy.

At the moment Paige can see them when ever she wants as her mother is alright with her, but they go a few weeks and Zena will row with Paige and then stops her seeing them. its because Paige wont go home and Zena doesn't like it she is still with us.

hope this helps

thanks

Shirley

Have you accepted the offer (it is at least a start)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes I have, I haven't heard back. can she do this. shirley

Grand parents have no automatic right to contact with children - and indeed have to ask permission of the court before they can even apply to the court for a Contact Order
HOWEVER where there is an existing close relationship then it is likely that the court will feel that contact is in the best interests of the child and it will be ordered
Your relationship with the older child makes it likely that a court would support you in that with more than is offered - but that is less likely with the younger one.
AT this stage accept what is on offer and then try and discuss an increase using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
If that fails then you can apply to the court for a defined contact order for both children - but you have a better chance of more regular contact with the elder one
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details