12826847

between 2005 and 2007 had lost my licence through drink

Customer Question

between 2005 and 2007 had lost my licence through drink and drive even though i have learnt my lesson since then i dont drink apart from social which is accasionally as im A driver would this still show on my C R B only as iv applied for new jobs i have constantley mentiond at intervew about it and not really going foward with new jobs as they dont consider well yes thats in the past iv really progressed and moved on. back to this again will this information keep cropping up on my C R Bs as i need chance in n/r future with work related

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What did you get for the drink driving?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i got a fine first time ban for 12mth, second time 3 yr ban, but i dealt with issue at that time, and certanly dont drink since well apart from odd one to be social but it dosnt bother me as i like driving more.

What level of checking are you facing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is past information , i need to know will it always be on my c r b as i re new my jobs, as i always do mention it at interviews and i dont get any future jobs because of the mistake i made during the dates i gave you, thats all, as you know when you apply for work i mention that i lost my licience in 2005 even though were into 2014 will it be on the c r b thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

p.s. im not facing anything, my question was , is this information going to keep comming up on my crb, as i apply for work thank you.

This is a matter the lead to a fine and so it would, at the time you were sentenced, have been spent after 5 years. In fact, that period of rehabilitation has changed now and if you had been sentenced recently it would have been spent after a year.

Nevertheless, this is spent now and so it will not show on basic checking unless you are applying for work that requires a check with the DVLA.

On the DVLA's records it will be retained for 11 years.

It will drop off your enhanced check CRB after 11 years.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so at an interview if i am asked, if i am a criminal, that i am not, with my work. so what do i answer on crb check form yes or no questions reguarding question if i have been in trouble with the police or criminal affence usually its a yes or no question what do i put.

Well it depends what the question says.

If it asks whether you've ever been convicted then you would have to answer truthfully which is that you have.

If it asks whether you have been convicted of an offence that is not spent under the rehabiliation of offenders act then the answer is that you have not.
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/