13262538

I have split from my husband and I had to stop my pension when

I have split from my husband and I had to stop my pension when he took redundancy he is now collecting his pension I work and he is 58 yrs old am I entitled to some of the pension he is receiving.
What income do you each have and how far have any divorce proceedings reached?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are not going to divorce at the moment can not afford it.

I don't know what my husband is on he lives in Kent and I live in North Wales.

I earn 13k a year and I have a mortgage on my own for 52k and I am 57 yrs old.

My husband gets a railway pension of £250 also mobility full rate care money rent paid he also has another pension with the council he will soon be able to take with the new rules that are coming out.

How long were you living together and how long have you been separated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

from 1986 to 2012 we married in 1991 he had 2 girls and I had no children.

when we separated he had not worked since 2005 and I worked full time and paid the bills and the mortgage. when we separated he had half of the sale money of the home

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have you received my answer as its taking a very long time to reply or ask anymore questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there anyone there I would have thought I would have had an answer by now

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please find some one for me

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

My apologies for the delay I have been unexpectedly offline
You do indeed have a claim on his pension and within the financial side of divorce proceedings you can ask the court to make a Pension sharing Order - whereby a percentage of his pension it is transferred to a pot in your sole name
That percentage will amount to half of the pensions that accrued whilst you were married
Unfortunately this can ONLY be dome within Divorce proceedings so unless your ex is willing to make a voluntary payment there is only one way forward
Again I am sorry for the considerable delay - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.