75100385

VANQUIS I Deposited £1051.00 onto my Vanquis card to make

Customer Question

VANQUIS

I Deposited £1051.00 onto my Vanquis card to make sure the UKBA payment will go through.

Vanquis froze my account because I put more money in than was necessary

When I found out that my account had been frozen I called and tried to find out if UKBA had tried to make the payment I was told that UKBA had not tried to take the payment .

in fact UKBA had tried to take the payment and it was Declined. My husbands VISA Application was returned because the payment had been declined by VANQUIS

All emails to VANQUIS regarding this matter stated the overpayment was for UKBA Visa Payment.

Only 477.30 of the £1051 that was paid was refunded. I do understand that they have taken the balance as a payment for previous usage on the card but Vanquis have jeopardised my husbands Visa and his job .. Put me in a financial situation I can't afford .. I have had to take an advance on my salary to pay the balance on the Visa.

is it possible to take legal or any action against them

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Had you notified them in advance of your intention please
JACUSTOMER-m0d7r00m- :

No. I did not realise that the account would be frozen. Had I know that I would not have even gone that route I would have made an alternative plan because of it being a Visa Application. payment and we did not want any problems with the payment

Alex Watts : Have Vanquis breached any of their terms and conditions please?
JACUSTOMER-m0d7r00m- :

I don't know. Other than telling me that UKBA did not try take a payment when in fact they had.

Alex Watts :

You need to check the agreement.

Alex Watts :

I assume it gives them the power to suspend your card.

Alex Watts :

If so it is bad news, this means they have acted within the terms and conditions of the contractual agreement which you have agreed to

Alex Watts :

If there is nothing in the agreement that allows them to suspend it then they can not and you WOULD then be able to sue for breach of contract

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

But check the terms of the card and contract - your answer will be there

Alex Watts :