Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have a claim for a cancelled holiday which is taking a long

Customer Question

I have a claim for a cancelled holiday which is taking a long time to be settled. I need the settlement because I am booking a replacement holiday, and need insurance which I can't get with an outstanding claim. One cancellation (for my wife on the same holiday) was made at the same time as one for myself with a different firm. This was settled on 26/2/14 (the two claims having been submitted at the same time. The eason fo two firms bein involved was that I was too old for the one offered by the holiday firm, so I took a single trip one with saga.
The question is how can I speed up the settlement?
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Is this a claim you have made against your travel insurance please?

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

yes

Joshua :

Thanks. Has a complaint been made to the insurer regarding the speed of settlement to date?

Only as part of a telephone question

I begin to see that I am wasting time. I wish now to terminate my involvement with your organisation without spending more.please terminate and remove all data about me from your files, then confirm that this is done. I am not familiar with computers, I don't understand what has happened and regret wasting your time. Please understand I have now terminated any involvement with your company. I can't see how to rate or terminate.

Joshua :

Thank you. I am sorry for the delay in reverting to you. I have been in a meeting with a client. I would be delighted to continue to assist - I am available for the next couple of hours. however, I quite understand if you do not wish to continue and I can ask customer services assist you with terminating your account if you prefer?

I suppose you were instrumental in making the claims firm pay more promptly than they intended. Many thanks. If it arrives when they have said it will it should be just in time.

I am too old to cope with windows 8. I was ok with Algol 60. Thanks again. Dave XXXXXXXXX

My rating is excellent.

Joshua :

Many thanks. If I can assist any further as the situation develops please do not hesitate to revert to me

I don'tt think you are getting any of this. If you are, thanks again. I'm very pleased you seem to have sorted out my problem.

dianne-cssm41719.750228125
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Very grateful, even if I didn't understand what was going on. I still can't think why they couldn't transfer the money as quickly as send the notice that they intended to do so. Nevertheless, many thanks Dave.

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
A pleasure. I don't get on with Windows 8 either - you have my sympathies.

Is there is anything else I can help you with please do not hesitate too contact me.

Best wishes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am very concerned about the whole business. Why has it been made so difficult? And why send me a note that the payment will follow in 12 working days? The money could have been sent as easily as the email. I am afraid that some excuse will be invented, rather than send the money at once. If it doesn't appear, I will contact you again.

Thanks again dave.

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
If the insurance company does not pay up as it has advised then you can in the first instance make a formal complaint. If you are not satisifed with the outcome of your complaint you can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman which can make an order of compensation to be paid where it finds in your favour. There is no charge for their service.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm