75100385

i was waiting to pull out right from a side road there was

Customer Question

i was waiting to pull out right from a side road there was a car comming from the right indicating to turn left so i pulled out but he kept comming and i stoped but he seemed to steered in to me, when he could of avoided me and got round as the road was clear, when he hit me and got out the car i said why didn't you go round me he said he didn't think i said you didn't seem to brake he said he hit the brakes and nothing happend. with that i said were you on the phone which i think he was he swore at me with that he said its was 50/50 so we drove off .6months later i have his insurance on me for a claim . where do i stand

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what should i do and where do i stand as i paid to repair my car and i don't think my insurance should pay him out after all this time and make my premium go up

Has he admitted that he was indicating?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no. but i think i know wher he had come from so he would of had his left indicator on and may be didn't know it was on

Ok.

Perhaps I can be clearer, does he deny indicating?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well he said he was not indicating but i had a witness at the the time who said he was and wrote down that the drver was indicating and was possabley on his phone at the time have not got the address of the witness but have a phone number have phone the number but now seems to be disconected

This is clearly an insurance issue so I will ask our insurance specialist to look at it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes please contiue, will this cost me any more money ?

There will be no extra charge. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert has opted out - do you still need help?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes please

Have you refused the offer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure what you mean ,offer.

he said at the time it was 50/50 so herd no more till 6month later he has put a claim in for repairs.

I think you are in difficulty. This is because just because someone indicates does not mean they are going to turn. You need to wait until you are satisfied the road is clear.

If you had pulled out and he went into you, sadly the collision is your fault. If you were stationary behind the given way line and he came into you, then it is his fault.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this is my last qustion .But if i had a witness he was indicating and was on the phone. And when i said to him why didn't you go round me he said he didn't think plus i said you didnot brake ,he said he hit the brakes and nothing happend i dont think he or his car should be on the road would i have a case there .

thanks mike

Thats helps but is not conclusive. Just because someone indicates does not give an intention.

If he was on the phone this does help you. The fact you have a witness helps you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i think thats it i will just have to see what happens

thanks anyway

mike

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/