75100385

I think I have been scammed into selling shares I gave my National

Customer Question

I think I have been scammed into selling shares I gave my National Insurance No this was late Thursday. The transaction may not of gone through, can it be stopped. Will shares in other companies not mentioned be vunerable.
Maurice

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How were you scammed please?
Customer: Re telephone call, saying they had been given my info. From British gas and advised me to transfer my money into carbon emission offsets they also had details of my Centrica and National Grid shares. They gave me a 4 letter code and that I would get a phone call from brokers to confirm the transaction. They said the deal would take 5days if they could not place it on Friday the next chance will be Monday. Can I stop the transaction.
Customer: cheers
Customer: maurice
Alex Watts :

Yes. You should call and CANCEL this.

Alex Watts :

They can not sell your shares if you do not want it

Alex Watts :

You should also call the broker who holds your share certificate and say you do not authorise the transaction

Alex Watts :

Customer: A
Alex Watts :

Yes?

Customer: How do I contact the broker since I don't have a number for the broker and I probably hold the shares
Alex Watts :

Do you have the share certificate?

Customer: I think so
Alex Watts :

Then that's ok - you don't need to worry

Alex Watts :

Only if you do not have the certificate do you need to contact the broker who has the certificate.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You never mentioned whether or not there was a problem with giving my National Insrance No
Cheers
Maurice
There is no problem re NI number.