Southern Electric replaced my meter in Dec 13 as it was set

Customer Question

Southern Electric replaced my meter in Dec 13 as it was set incorrectly (only giving me access to 4 hours daily cheap rate tarrif instead of economy 10 hours. This could possibly have been the case since the original meter was installed in N0v 09). They have accessed what they say they owe me at being £329.80. This surely cannot be the case. My monthly D/D to SEB has always been in the region of £135 - £150 during my period with them. I also received notification in October 13 that my usage over the year had been 10847kWh and my estimated Energy cost would be £1583.55 (looking at actual readings obtained within the last two years and their new pricing). I only have electricity in the house which is expensive. Therefore I tried to make the most of my 10 hour period, which worked against me as I was only allowed 4 hours due to it being incorrectly set by SEB in the first place. I have not used my power on heating during winter and have it switch off at mains to ensure it is not on, as I realised a long time ago that being ceiling heating, it was too costly to use. Therefore, my summer\winter usage is quite consistant. SEB have in my opinion not taken that into consideration, neither the fact that I only had 4 hours economy rate in 24 hour period instead of 10 hours. The man dealing with the enquiry seemed not to understand the real situation. The person who worked out the cost was not available to speak to on the telephone. Please can you advise me what to do to make sure that SEB are fairly working this situation/problem out. I just cannot believe that I am only owed ££329.80 over 4 years.
Janet C Franklin

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took a reading for SEB with new meter in place and having access to a 10 Hour supply of economy usage. This was on 12 March 2014:

Full Rate (1) 0961

Economy (2) 1029

This covers period from installation of correct reading meter 30Dec 2013 - 12March 2014 ......showing I was able to take advantage of my economy rate. I do not think SEB have fairly estimated what they owe me

Yes, I've read the facts.

What is your question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need to have an answer as I believe I am due a bigger return in sterling, than SEB are saying they owe me, now that a reading is available and given to you, and of me being given and being able to use, my economy 19 period n a 24 hour period. How much should I expect to receive back in overcharging my account????

Are you asking me to work out the total?

Obviously I will have no idea of that. It would depend on the agreed price per unit and the consumption.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like a refund please, as I feel you are not able to understand my problem and are merely making my problem seem bigger.

Thanking you in antisipation.