UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Afternoon, I am just looking at Application for naturalisation

Afternoon,
I am just looking at Application for naturalisation as a British Citizen (question 1.22). I have noticed that this form has changed since last year. I have been leaving in this country for nearly 8 years so far. I have passed Life in the UK exam in 2012. I have BIIAB Personal Licence, I am currently studying on line for my TEFL exam , I am a Guest House manager. My question is - do I really have to take any more exams to prove that I can communicate in English?? Please advise. Kind regards. Mon
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Morning, l will wait as long as l have to but really need to know an answer asap. Thank you.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Mon

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Morning,
Are you gonna be able to find a professional this week?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.

Could you confirm what the TEFL exam involves? Will it give you at least a B1 english language qualification?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Afternoon,
It's 150 hours master course for Teaching English as a Foreign Language.

Monika
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Could you please confirm who is the examination body?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Global Language Training is accredited by ACTDEC (http://www.actdec.org.uk/members.shtml ) and is also a UK registered learning provider # XXXXX (http://www.ukrlp.co.uk/).
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Having reviewed the immigration rules extensively i cannot find anywhere where it states that TEFL is an approved test or one that is considered by the home office. There are courses such as ESOL which is similar, but one which is recognised by the home office.

I would therefore suggest that instead of you submitting a certificate issued by TEFL with the risk that the home office state that as this is not a registered test provider and is not listed with the home office.

I would therefore suggest that you undertake another test such as ESOL level 3, or IELTS, TOIEC or City & Guild at B1 Level. Although I totally understand that you undertaking 150 hours of English clearly demonstrates that your English is at a B1 LEVEL or higher, because the certificate will not be issued by one of the test providers listed on the home office homepage, I would recommend that it is better to undertake one of the above test.

If your test certificate will be provided by one of the above test providers then it will be accepted by the home office, but you would need to speak to the course provider to confirm that they course is at a B1 LEVEL or higher.

I hope this answers your question.

UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.