75100385

I was arrested and failed a breath test after only a couple

I was arrested and failed a breath test after only a couple of drinks at the local pub which is approx. 500m from my home. I only drove the vehicle as I remembered it had over £2,000 worth of power tools in the back as I had forgotten to put them in the lock up as I do most days. Iam 42 years of age, I have no police record and a totally clean driving license. I run a building company and at the height of my jobs employ between 20 and 30 men. I had only eaten 2no slices of toast for my breakfast and had a very stressful day due to a couple of very important meetings. Do I have any chance of escaping a driving ban as the knock on effect for my clients and sub-contractors is huge. Regards J

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What was your reading please? Do you have any previous driving offences?

Customer:

My reading was 60. No I don't have any previous driving offences.

Alex Watts :

You will get a ban, the Court has no discretion

Alex Watts :

There are sentence brackets are you are at the higher end of the lowest bracket

Alex Watts :

This shows a disqualification between 12-16 and a fine.

Alex Watts :

Your fine will be in line with what you earn, plus costs and a victim surcharge

Alex Watts :

However you will be able to get a discount of the ban by 25% if you are offered the alcohol driving course.

Alex Watts :

But sadly you will get a ban - you can not avoid that.

Alex Watts :

Of course mitigation is that you have no previous convictions, a guilty plea and shortness of distance travelled.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank-you

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/