12826847

For Alex W. While on sick leave it has been revealed / admitted

Customer Question

For Alex W. While on long term sick leave due to severe depression it has revealed been revealed / admitted by some persons that they had been following me. They admit in writing that they had been logging my movements between 1 property owned by the Church I had been working in, and my own home which are about 5 miles apart from one another. I had reported this to my Dr telling them that I felt I was being watched and she recorded it in my medical notes. At first my wife, who is a nurse, thought it might be a slight paranoia on my part as I was off work with severe depression as a result of work related stress. But now we know it to be true, and we have been devastated as a result of it. We both believe that our privacy has been violated and in a sense we have been spied upon and stalked and are now continually watching over our shoulders as a result. Is there anything we can do. My employer is aware of this admission for quite some time now, many months indeed, and after they were aware of it, it took them a further 8 long months of battle with them, and a subject access request, to get them release these documents to me which state this what I can only call, sick matter. The ICO assessment states : that the organisation is unlikely to have complied with the requirements of the DPA in this case (section 7(8)). What can we do, if anything? My integrity has been challenged etc. I since have had to leave work as I felt I would be not longer capable to do the job, but I felt squeezed to do so.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just close it.