Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Can two peoples Pension Sipps buy 1 commercial property together

Can two peoples Pension Sipp's buy 1 commercial property together in 2014
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Two or more SIPP members can buy property together, irrespective of the fact they may hold SIPPs with different providers.

This can cause administrative complications and this is why this option is rarely offered, but don't let it put you off!

I hope this sets your mind at rest.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I asked this question because my wife and I are with a well respected company called Rowanmoor and currently have our two sipp's with them and in one case jointly own one property. we are stuck with Rowanmoor because of a FSA problem concerning the developer. We are condensing our portfolio with the developer, due to the timing of the build situation, so are putting our sipps into a Hotel that is current, with only one year or so for our New Purchase proposal. However Rowanmoor may not let us own this single unit, as they say that the law changed in 2013 and two people cannot put their Sipp's into one property.

Could this be a mix up of the current ruling ?

Peter Tilbe