75100385

According to UK law, can Google deliberately single out a negative

According to UK law, can Google deliberately single out a negative review and highlight it?
We have a 4 star tripadvisor rating but when someone googles our business they don't see this, unless they dig deeper. There attention is drawn to one negative review written 7 years ago, with the words 'Dreadful'.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you complained to google please?
Customer:

Yes, I have been e-mailing google. They have asked me to explain how they are breaking UK law.

Customer:

I just want then to stop highlighting the negative review and let the tripadvisor site speak for itself. I can't find any other instance where a negative review is highlighted so prominently.

Customer:

Please get back to me on this issue.

Alex Watts : Have you written to them in London please?
Customer:

No, I have been e-mailing them.

Alex Watts :

Ok you should write to Google in London

Alex Watts :

Their address is:

Alex Watts :

Belgrave House,

Alex Watts :

76 Buckingham Palace Rd

Alex Watts :

London

Alex Watts :

SW1W 9TQ

Alex Watts :

Set out your complaint and ask that it be investigated.

Alex Watts :

But if they do not do anything, is this illegal - sadly no

Alex Watts :

They use an program that determines how things are listed, index and searched.

Alex Watts :

The law wont make them alter this as it is not illegal

Alex Watts :

Therefore you should try writing and making a formal complaint

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Customer:

OK I will write to them.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/