75100385

I was approached last year by a

I was approached last year by a Company Eureka Property Services who offered to sell my timeshare week for me in Florida. All the documents were copied and the fee paid by myself to the Company. A letter was received from Eureka Property Services to advise me of the sale of my week to a Ms V Hickson in Spain quoting relevant paperwork was being prepared and would be forwarded to me. Despite numerous phone calls and email from me the only response I received was that due to holidays paperwork taking longer than anticipated. Nothing further was heard again despite numerous attempt. I have contacted my credit card company who have now agreed to refund the amount of money paid to Eureka Property Services but suggested I should seek further independent legal advice from either a Solicitor or Consumer Direct, hence my contact wit you. Can you tell whether you can help me in any way or is this a lost cause ? Many thanks K XXX (Mrs)

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

If they have agreed to refund you, what would the loss then be, if any please?

Customer:

My credit card company have very fortunately agreed a total refund, but I am very disappointed that companies like Eureka, who appeared very genuine, can get away with fraud like this. There doesn't appear to be any way of finding them - just disappeared into a black hole. I know there were lots of other people involved with them so I cant be the only person to have suffered at their hands.

Alex Watts :

If you have had it refunded then that is ok.

Alex Watts :

However to take matters further you should report it to Trading Standards.

Alex Watts :

If enough people complain they may take action

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you about this today please?

I am told you can not view chat - does this help?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help but other than making contact with Trading Standards is there any other action I can take and if so who would you suggest I contact ?

I am just extremely angry that these people are allowed to do this sort of thing with seemingly no repercussion.

K Baker

Yes I would agree totally.

If enough people complain to Trading Standards they will prosecute.

I know this is not ideal but I have a duty to be truthful.

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/