Matt Jones
Matt Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified and practising Solicitor with over 7 years post qualification experience
13732703

I asked a friend to hold £80,000 for me and he has now spent

Customer Question

I asked a friend to hold £80,000 for me and he has now spent it how do I get it back
Expert:  Matt Jones replied 3 years ago.

Matt Jones :

Hi I will try and help

Matt Jones :

when you say you asked him to hold it for you, for what purpose (i.e why) and under what terms did you ask him to hold it?

JACUSTOMER-7rfudoa4- : Hi
JACUSTOMER-7rfudoa4- : Hi I had remortgaged my property to pay for my sons flying career, at the same time I had a dispute with a fellow director of the company we owned and there was a possibility that he had a claim against me. I was advised by friends at the time that my accounts could be frozen until the dispute was resolved which would have meant that my son would not have been able to carry on his career. I therefore deposited the money with a friends company with a view to taking shares in it. This did not happen as he said he would just put it into his company deposit account. It appears that he has now used the money to finance his company and it does not appear at this present moment that he has the money to pay me it back despite promises that it would be. I have tried telephones and texts but to no avail as they are just not responding
JACUSTOMER-7rfudoa4- : Hi as footnote my separated wife is paying for my sons flying career , but cannot make sufficient payments to keep him on the course. With regard to the dispute with my former co director I have to pay him £ 150,000 which I am willing to do but need the £ 80,000 owed to me.
JACUSTOMER-7rfudoa4- : Can you advise when you will be on line to answer
JACUSTOMER-7rfudoa4- : Not had a full answer
Matt Jones :

Thanks. Sorry been off line for a bit

Matt Jones :

What is your friends reply when you have previously asked him for the money back, or has it just been to ignore you?

Matt Jones :

2) why did the share transfer for the money not happen?

Matt Jones :

3) does the company have worth/assets or does your friend?

Matt Jones :

I may be on and off line for the rest of the evening as I am at home. If I don't reply fully tonight I will come back to you in the morning. There is a service I can offer where for an additional fee we can chat on the phone or Skype etc. Let me know if this is something you would wish to consider

Matt Jones :

Hi are you able to reply to the above?