75100385

My employment contract states 2 months termination notice ,

Customer Question

My employment contract states 2 months termination notice , can I give 1 months notice.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

You could yes, technically you could be sued for breach of contract by the employer.

This is because you have signed a contract where you have agreed to give 2 months notice. However unless you have a high profile position such as a Director or something very specialist the employer is unlikely to do this.

They would have to show they have suffered a loss as a result of your early departure.

So whilst in theory they could sue you, it's very rare.

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/