13262538

I bought a studio flat in Egypt of plan. It was supposed to

I bought a studio flat in Egypt of plan. It was supposed to be completed by 28 Feb 2012. I paid in installments and the last payment was in Feb 2012. The total cost was £10,238 GBP. However, the development was not finished at the stated time and a new date of August 2012 was given, but the development was still not finished. I went to Egypt in October 2012 to find out what was happening and the development was nowhere near completion. I went again, in Jan 2013 and June 2013 but the development is still not completed. I went again in January 2014 but once again was promises that my apartment would be completed before I went home to England were broken. My Egyption Lawyer says I must take him to court, as the contract states : if the apartment is not completed by 28 Feb 2012, a penalty of £100 GBP is to be paid for every month till completion. However, to do this I have to pay the court costs up front which amounts to approximatly £500 GBP. Is there any chance I could get legal aid here to help me pay these costs? My Egyptian Lawyer assures me I will get these costs back eventually.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but there is no Legal Aid available to you in these circumstances - indeed there would not be even if the case was based in the UK
I am sorry to give you bad news - please ask if you need further details