13262538

Hi I will have been separated from my wife for almost 5 years

Hi I will have been separated from my wife for almost 5 years and will be filing for divorce after 27 September 2014 my mother pass away in January and have been left a small amount of money what I would like to know is if she would be entitled to any of it or anything else that l have. We haven't spoken since then and we have no children together many thanks XXXXX
What assets do you each have and how much have you inherited?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have no assets as the property goes with my job and l inherited 14000

Do you know what her financial position is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She works for the company that she worked for over the last 20 year's as an office manager living in a flat in the local town has holidays and a reasonable social life

In general terms an Inheritance received so long after separation is unlikely to be at risk from any financial claim
There is a small risk that the court could decide that the sum should be shared but frankly the sum is too small to make this likely
I hope that this is of some assistance - please ask if you need further details