75100385

We are a small business, that asked a small design compnay

Customer Question

We are a small business, that asked a small design compnay to update our labels.
they gave a verbal quote of £3,800.00. the invoives ammounted to £11,000. we have refused to pay this amount.

We have to-date paid £4,500. and I have said that £5000 would be our best offer.
They would like us to pay £7.750.00.

We have asked several print companies that have carried out desin work for us. Is the price being askedc reasonable, and they have said no. the £11,000.00 was extortionate.
and the £7,750. is still too high.

The redesigned labels were, near to our orginal labels, same colour. new Logo.

1 generic product front label. information product back label, small lid label. with universal changes for colour.

1 generic label. with universal changes for flavour

1 generic product front label. information product back label, small lid label. which looks the same as the first label with just a name change for product.

2 new products, design front back and lid labels.

No printing involved.

We had to get our printer to change one label becasue you could not see the flavour name from a short distance, on a shop shelf.

he would like now to pursue us through the courts for the whole £11,000 if I do not say yes to £7.750.00

Is there an obudsman we can approach for graphic designers please.

Kindest Regards

Kay Bourke

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Have you paid anything at all yet or just made offers please?

JACUSTOMER-kymfpm03- :

We have paid £4.500. my email address is [email protected] I have contacted you before.

Alex Watts :

Yes all communication must be on the site.

Alex Watts :

So they are claiming £11,000 but you have paid £4,500

Alex Watts :

So the value of any dispute would be £6,500?

JACUSTOMER-kymfpm03- :

I have written to them to say that we have sought the advise of our printer designers. It is where the company had to send the label designs to be printed. and after we had spoken to them I wrote to the design compnay to say that we would pay £4,500. The verbal quote was for £3,800.00.

Alex Watts :

Yes I understand - but is the value of the dispute £6,500?

JACUSTOMER-kymfpm03- :

They have a greed to a reduction but would like us to pai £7.750.00 which is still too high.

JACUSTOMER-kymfpm03- :

yes

Alex Watts :

Ok - then you do not need to do anything.

Alex Watts :

If they try and take you to Court the disputed valued is £6,500

Alex Watts :

This means it would be a small claim and they can NOT seek legal costs

Alex Watts :

They can only claim the fixed Court fees

Alex Watts :

You should defend it on the basis there was an agreement for £3,800 and in any event you ended up paying over the odds

Alex Watts :

But any claim below £10,000 would be a small claim in any event

JACUSTOMER-kymfpm03- :

But the last letter we recieved from them is asking us to pay the £7,750.00 or they will take action to recover the whole of the debt.

Alex Watts :

But if you have paid £4,500 the whole debt can't be that figure, it MUST come off the amount

JACUSTOMER-kymfpm03- :

ok so, do I ignore this letter and wait for them to take us to the small claims court

Alex Watts :

I would respond and set out your position.

Alex Watts :

They are claiming £11,000, you have paid £4,500 and you consider that to be final

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-kymfpm03- :

Thank you very much for your advice I will impliment your suggestion.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you today please?