LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Dear Sir/Madame I have fallen behind with my mortgage to

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madame

I have fallen behind with my mortgage to the value of €989:79aprox, it fell into arrears last August, the repayment monthly was €124:80. I sent a letter to the bank last August explanining my difficulties, I had a copy but recently sent that copy to the solicitors which the bank have employed to seek "vacant possession" something which I do not understand. In no letter from the bank did they ever indicate that this was a danger for us. The full outstanding amount is aprox €9934:00. They sent me a comprehensive form to complete, advised we get assistance in filling it out, I was in the process of doing this when I became unwell.

I am in receipt of €202:00 Illness benefit per week, my husband receives €139:70 per week Farm Assist. My husband had never been unemployed in his life until last year and he has become extremely depressed and is not coping very well at all. I have high blood pressure, vertigo and awaiting results that are strongly indicating that I have early stages of Ms.

I never would try and delibrately not pay my bills, we are in so much debt that I was trying to seek some help with maybe a lower repayment amount for a while. We cannot lose our home, my god I am so worked up and annoyed about this I just don't know what to do.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thank you so much.

Rita
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello. I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience I will try to help you with this. Your figures are all in Euros not pounds. Did you mean to do this? Is this a mortgage in the uK?

JACUSTOMER-5i6i6mcl- : My mortgage is in Ireland and yes in euros
LondonlawyerJ :

I am sorry. This is a question about Irish law and I will not be able to help you with that. I iwll therefore opt out and hopefully someone with knowledge of Irish law will take on your question.

LondonlawyerJ :

.