12826847

I am Executor and a Defendant in a case of contested probate;

Customer Question

I am Executor and a Defendant in a case of contested probate; it went through probate ok before this claim was made.

The two claimants are half Brothers of the deceased against whom he had taken out an injunction under the Protection from Harassment act 1997.

The injunction was drawn up by a firm of Solicitors acting for the deceased through his then Deputy who was under investigation at the time of my friends death; mainly using evidence I provided.

I have asked that the Solicitors release the evidence file for the injunction but they refuse to do so and will not even answer my letters.

We go to Court in November; how can I force them to release the documents and what is the procedure.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Which document file are you asking them to produce exactly bearing in mind that the solicitors seem to have been acting for the defendants?

Is the solicitor still acting for the defendants in respect of the probate?

Are they the same solicitors?