12826847

hi a friend of mine drowned 4 kittens and the last kitten

Customer Question

hi a friend of mine drowned 4 kittens
and the last kitten a week later
she is an alcholic and apprearing in camberwell magistrates tommorrow

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

her name is susan crawford she had 4 kittens and drowwed them and the 5th 1 a week later and she hasnt even asked a laywer for help and her court case is tommmorrow and another case the following day

So how can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what do u think the out come would be - shes blamming her next door neighbor but the rspca have evidence and picture of the cat not the kittens

I presume she is charged with S4 not S9?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure

It is probably S4 if this involves drowning.

I'm afraid that its not good news. This falls into the highest sentencing bracket as there was an attempt to kill these animals on two occasions which succeeded I presume.

The starting point is 18 weeks custody and the range is 12 to 26 weeks custody.

Depending on her previous convictions she may be able to persuade the court to suspend the custodial sentence as it is for an amount under 12 months.

However, it does fall into the higher end of the bracket because the actions resulted in the death of several animals.

There will also be a deprivation order in relation to any animals she does have and probably a disqualification order preventing her from keeping cats certainly and probably animals generally for a certain number of years.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well its bad what she done but thank u for your help

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/