75100385

i have been approached by a solicitor who claims money has

i have been approached by a solicitor who claims money has been put in a pot by thr insurance companys for old claims that were is this true or just another con.not been taken up at the time of the accident

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Have you been asked to pay anything? Did you ever have a claim? If so how long ago was it please?

Customer:

Hello Alex as i said the solicitor claims that money has been put up for old claims, by the insurance companys to pay out compensation for possible injuries at that time, though no action was taken by the wife to make a claim because not really injured,.we have not been asked to pay anything upfront but the contract has so many things that may be charged like doctors fees, court fees and lots of other charges,my main concern is the claim that the insurance companys have put lots of money into a pot for the sole purpose of paying out on old accidents when no claim was put forward at the time. this happened in november 2011

Alex Watts :

Has the Solicitor asked you to pay anything?

Customer:

morning Alex no we have not been asked for money upfront ,it is all the money needed to pay all the other fees which show on the contract these appear to have to be paid whatever the outcome .Going back to my question have the insurance companies put aside money for these old accidents and pay out thousands on these claims as this company has said or not.

Customer:

Morning Alex pushed the wrong button so may get this twice.no money asked for upfront,but there are lots of different fees to be paid on the contract,these we pay whatever the outcome.Going back to my question have the insurance companies put aside thousands of pounds to pay out these claims or not.

Alex Watts : If you are not being asked to pay anything then you should consider this.
Alex Watts : Check any terms and conditions of engagement as they may want to take a success fee from any award.
Alex Watts : Clearly they are entitled to their costs but these should be paid by the other side.
Alex Watts : But if you are not being asked to pay anything then you have nothing to lose and should consider it
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

sorry Alex my problem is the story about the insurance companies putting aside thousands of pounds to fund these old claims even though no claim was made at the time i have never heard about this at anytime so doubt its validaty if true i will review my decission thanks.

Alex Watts :

I agree, I have never heard about it either.

Alex Watts :

But that does not mean they have not.

Alex Watts :

This is a question and answer site and sadly does not mean I can carry out work, investigations or be instructed.

Alex Watts :

But unless they are asking you to pay anything I would not worry.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer:

no thanks