How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi there i have served divorce papers on my wife under grounds

Customer Question

Hi there i have served divorce papers on my wife under grounds of being seperated for 5 years. She has (according to the courts) been sent a copy of the petition but is recusing to sign the acknowledgement of service (i have an email from her to confirm she is not going to sign). I dont really feel like i should have to pay an additional £110 to have the papers served again by a baliff. As i have email proof that she has received them can i just apply to the courts for them to consider whether the petition has been deemed served? If so how do i go about doing this please?.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law

Related Law Questions