Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

In 2007 we purchase a parking space and the"right to park there

Customer Question

In 2007 we purchase a parking space and the"right to park there for £5000.00. We moved from the property but did not sell the space. The management committee sold our space to another resident without our permission or consulting us. We have been, via our solicitor, battling for the past 2 years with the Management Committee and their solicitors who have keep claiming the title has quote " been lost in the mist of time" !! Surely this is not correct? Is there some way to claim back the money??
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I clarify precisely the situation please - do I understand that you had a lease for a flat and during that time bought a right to a parking space? Now you have sold the flat but not the rights to the parking space with the flat?

Joshua :

Hello - I see you have posted another question. I hope you are not having difficulties. Are you able to read this?

JACUSTOMER-1b8f4vdp- : You reply has now come through an hour later!!
JACUSTOMER-1b8f4vdp- : Yes we bought a town house and a separate parking space.
Joshua :

I am really sorry to hear you have experienced difficulties.

Joshua :

Are you able to read all of the above now?

Joshua :

What precisely did you purchase in terms of the parking space? Was a Deed signed or was it just an informal agreement? Was a solicitor used?

Joshua :

Would you like to continue?