13262538

My ex husband is self employed and getting his earnings paid

Customer Question

My ex husband is self employed and getting his earnings paid into his father's bank account so he doesn't have any earnings to show the CSA. My ex husband claims DLA and claims this is all he is living on. His live-in girlfriend works full time and she has 2 adult children (in their 20's)

I have never ever received any maintenance for my 2 sons in the 16 years since we split. My sons are now 18 & 16.

The CSA have investigated him and say he has no bank accounts, no vehicles in his name and no insurances, does not pay to HMRC, the only record of him is to claim DLA.

The CSA don't see it as odd he has 3 vehicles parked outside his house and he goes to work every morning but there is no paper trace of him!!

Can I have his father and his girlfriend investigated? I am sure they are hiding his money etc for him
What work do you believe that he is doing?
What evidence do you have of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, he is working on local farms and in local woods. I have sat outside his house and watched him going out each morning with his lunch in a ruck sack dressed in work clothes!
Have you checked to see where he goes and what he does?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had details of 2 farms where he was working and I have the info to the CSA, when they contacted the farmers my ex husband left and went elsewhere to work.
When was that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About 3 months ago. The CSA have searched his details and say apart from the dla going into a post office account there is no trace of him. No bank account, no credit cards, no vehicles, no insurances, no income tax, no contract mobile, nothing.

I know he's working, we live half a mile apart in a small village!

He has 3 vehicles, a bit odd if he has no insurances or vehicles and if he isn't working he doesn't need 3 vehicles!
I am afraid that there is no basis on which you can ask to see the financial details of his girlfriend or father unless you have conclusive proof that he is earning - as in someone who employs him confirming that he is paid money.
Your only other option is to report him to the Inland Revenue - they are very thorough in their investigations and if they identify income then you can go back to the CSA.
I am sorry - I know that this is not the information that you wished to hear but sadly your options are limited
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll follow him again and get photographs. When I have the proof who do i give it to to get his father and girlfriends finances looked into? Surely they are helping defraud inland revenue etc by hiding his money
I am sorry but you will need one of his employers to confirm that he has been paid money if you wish the CSA to take the matter further - there is no point in taking photographs.
The CSA will NOT investigate his father or girlfriend but if you can show that someone has paid him then the CSA can assume that some of the assets are his
Reporting him to the Inland Revenue is likely to be more effective