75100385

Am I liable for the use of my phone after company dissolved?

Am I liable for the use of my phone after company dissolved? IE if company was dissolved in July and and bills were not paid, but then I continued to use the phone am I liable for it or only partly liable, since previous charges accrued when the company was still active?

Also, if I dissolved the company but then transferred ownership of the lines/devices to another company that was still trading, but forgot to notify the mobile phone operator, who is liable? Me personally or the company I changed ownership of the phone contract with?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Was the bill in the company name? Did you not know it was dissolved please?
Customer: Yes it was in the company name and I was aware it was in the process of being dissolved.
Customer: Sorry I forgot to mention that company was dissolved in July, and phones operated until Sept.
Alex Watts : Ok, why did you still use them?
Customer: It was a misnomer.
Customer: A lack of thought on My part.
Alex Watts : You are not liable,
Alex Watts : You have no contract with the mobile provider,
Alex Watts : The contract is with the old cnpany
Alex Watts : company
Alex Watts : So no you are not liable.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?